Monday, March 3, 2014

Only the Best for the Babe!

  
Only the best for the babe!

   One of my momma favorites is my new CuisinartBaby Food Steamer and Puree. I always told myself, even before having children, I was not going to feed my kids the jarred baby food off the grocery store shelves. Something about the preservatives that must be in it to give it the shelf life that it has turns me off. If you want the best for your babe, than pureeing your own natural foods is the way to go. This steamer/puree is so easy to use and the cleanup is a breeze. Everything is done in one bowl and it even comes with a recipe book with recommended recipes. So far Stella has gotten to enjoy pureed bananas, sweet potato, pears and acorn squash. The consistency of the puree is so smooth, but as she gets older I can prepare it as chunky or smooth as I'd like. Not only is this doo-hicky a baby food maker, but it's a bottle warmer too.
   I want Stella to eat the very best of foods and get the most nutrients that she can from the foods that she eats. I want her to have a wide palate and enjoy a variety of flavors.

     Choose your foods, wash, dry and chop into cubes, add water to steamer, add veggies to steamer, close the lid, switch to steam! It takes about 15-25 minutes (depending on your food) to steam, turn the dial to puree, spoon it into freezable containers, and viola! Dinner is prepared for a week or more!




Pears..Yummy!


Acorn Squash!

Packed up and ready for the freezer.





No comments:

Post a Comment