Thursday, June 26, 2014

Time for a treat Thursday

On our way back from our Time for a treat Thursday trip, I found myself first in a screeching contest with a nine month old, and second making the most and I mean most ridiculous noises and sounds just to hear her giggle. We were out by 10:30 this morning and it was not for fro yo or a McFlurry. We decided to switch it up a bit and head to the Amish market for a soft pretzel and some other goodies. Damn- was that pretzel good- fingerlicking good. I haven't had one of those in years! I definitely won't wait long before another. The Amish market is not a good place to go to when you're hungry. Stella and I enjoyed a soft pretzel and we got Daddy some special goodies for when he gets home from work. As I strolled around the market, Stella just relaxed in her stroller...that leg if not both are always up! My hands were too good and greasy while eating our pretzel to snap a photo.



When we got home, I put Stella in her walker so I could prepare her lunch. (Whole wheat toast sticks, diced avocado and cottage cheese) She thought that she would give her modeling skills a go....




I think we may need to practice a bit more. She is so comical these days. 

The past two Wednesdays we did plant ourselves in the kitchen to do a little baking. I just didn't get around to sharing them in a post. So here they are...
Last Wednesday we made these little gems....itty bitty nutella cakes. If you are a nutella fan, like me, these are a must try! So easy and yummy!  They are layers of angel food cake, and nutella, topped with cool whip and frozen to perfection! 



Yesterday, we baked a treat that we hoped would tickle Daddy's fancy. He is both a toffee and cheesecake fan. Toffee cheesecake in a graham cracker crust.

Lastly, since it is Thursday...how about some throwback Thursday fun?





Cheers to tomorrow being Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment