Monday, February 3, 2014

Some sort of Winter Wonderland

Well, we definitely weren't expecting this much snow today! We kept hearing 3 to 8 inches. Let's just say that they UNDERestimated!








There was a big ass turkey buzzard up in the tree catching snowflakes!
Electricity flickered a few times, T.V was out pretty much all day. That's what you get when you have dish satellite I guess. Long story short we were 'snowed in'! So we decided to keep ourselves busy with a few crafts...

We first made DIY Valentine's Day cards for a few special ones. Just a sneek peak below, don't want to spoil all of the surprise!





Stella is obviously not old enough to go out in the snow, I figured I would bring some snow into the house! First thing this morning I put a bowl on the deck outside to catch some clean snow.
When I went back to check the bowl a short while later, it was completely covered...I had to dig for it!


I brought the snow into the house and stuck it in the freezer while I prepared this: 1 cup of almond milk, 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract. Stirred until all of the sugar dissolved and then added the snow! Topped it with some jimmies.. and Voila...we had Snow Cream!





Before I put the snow in the freezer I let Stella feel it and lick it!


When I took the snow out of the freezer before mixing it into the other ingredients, I gave Stella a small spoon of the cold snow to try....her expression was PRICELESS! 








No comments:

Post a Comment