Monday, April 21, 2014

Stella's First Easter

Stella's First Easter- April 20, 2014

Stella, you may not remember your first Easter when you get older but you had one hell of a first Easter. You are surrounded by so many people that love you dearly. I always tell you this but you are one lucky little girl. You looked so damn cute in your magenta bunny dress and ivory cardigan that Nana found for us and your bunny headband that I had made from Etsy.  There is a little story behind that dress that I will share with you when you get older. You were showered with Mickey and Minnies that are bigger than you at Grandma and Grandpa's house. You were in love. You got new bunnies to snuggle with from Gigi  and G-Pop(Great Grandma and Great Poppop) and Aunti Barb. You and Momma also have new books to read!! Aunt Nikki and Gigi and G-Pop got you new books! Everyone knows how much we love books! You are truly Daddy and I's love and we love you to the moon and back. Daddy and I will always cherish our first Easter as a family of three.  xoxo

 About our weekend....Our Easter festivities began on Friday. I had all hopes of dyeing eggs as a family of three. It didn't quite work out that way. By the time you were fed dinner, and bathed I had the Easter dye cups out and ready to go. Momma's ambitions were too high...:) You were in sleep mode and ready for bed. After you stuck your right hand fingers in the blue dye, and I couldn't get the dye off, I knew it was time for bed. Momma and Daddy put you to bed, Daddy went out into the garage to clean my truck and I sat at the kitchen table and dyed the eggs by myself. Ha! 



The Easter festivities continued on Saturday at Nana and Poppop's home. We spent time with family and you had your first ever Easter egg hunt. Thank you for bringing out the kid in me. Gigi told me on Saturday that I am reliving my childhood through you and she couldn't be more right.  






When you get older you will also be participating in the Easter bonnet contest.


Easter Sunday began with a bunny-tastic breakfast. Followed by Easter dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's. We spent more quality time with family and you were on cloud nine with your Easter baskets.  Your crazy Momma did a late night load of your laundry so you could wear your bunny outfit again :)





 I spy a baby girl.







We love you so so much.
It was a great weekend. Of course your first little tooth decided to make it's first appearance on your first Easter. Cutting teeth...no fun. However, you fought through it like a true champ. 

This weekend was a bunny dress, bunny headband, plastic egg, family filled, Mickey and Minnie kind of weekend. You were showered with love baby girl.

One other thing...my living room has officially become a toy box! Carpet space is quickly diminishing... Where to next?...Daddy's pub? *wink wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment