Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 5 Months Ricky



Dear Ricky,
Lately I find myself just staring at you and welling up in tears. Happy tears because you are so perfect and you are mine. I love you something fierce. I am so happy and humbled that I was chosen to be your Mommy and you were chosen to be my baby boy. All of those late night trips to your room, giving my all to console those inconsolable moments, wanting to coddle you every single moment that I get just make me feel 'lucky' and grateful because you are here with me. You are a beautiful spitting image of your Daddy. I love every piece of you. Your sweet chubby hands are my absolute favorite (those chubby thighs are also tied for first!). Not just because of those perfect dimples but the way you grab my face with them when I move close into yours, and the way you grip my fingers tightly when you are sleepy and pull my hands close to your face (as if you don't want me to let go) all make my heart feel so full. Those little gestures remind me how much you love me. I am learning more and more about your personality each and every day. It doesn't take much to make you smile, you get so frustrated very quickly, you just love attention, you love to be naked, and you are so ticklish- we will do anything to hear those sweet giggles. Ricky, you are such a special gift and I promise to enjoy, love and care for you every day that I am breathing and I will never take a single moment for granted. 
All my Love.
Mommy


Weight: 3 weeks ago you weighed 17lbs 9 ounces- so i'm guessing somewhere around 18 lbs. 
Height: 
Head Circumference:  
Appetite:  You continue to be a great eater! You are eating about 4-6 ounces every 3-4 hours; same as last month. It takes you no longer than 15 minutes to nurse until empty. You usually wake up once a night to nurse. You have began solids and have your one meal at dinner time. We began feeding you the organic earths best multigrain baby cereal (a combo of oatmeal, spelt and barley) and like I thought it made you more gassy than you already are. So I gave the cereal and rest and jumped to butternut squash! To say that you love it, is an understatement! You simply can't get enough. I slowly started adding small amounts of the cereal back into the squash. Butnut squash is the only veggie that you have tried so far. 
Clothing Size: You are currently wearing 6-12 month clothing and you are in size 2 diapers.
Milestones: So much has changed in such a small period of time. Let's see- you are now sitting up with little support, you found those yummy toes and constantly want to grab them and hold onto them, your hand/eye coordination is great- you are grabbing things and putting them right into your mouth, and you are jumping like crazy in the jumper!  And probably most exciting: you have began eating solids.
Thoughts:  So thankful for you. 

Our routine:   Lately you have been waking up around 6:30ish(with smiles!!) and I feed you(around 7:00) while Stella is still asleep and we are still in bed. I just love this one on one snuggle time that we share. After you are done eating Stella is usually waking up for the day as well. We head out to the living room so you can play on your play mat and stretch a bit or jump around in your jumper. You play until about 8:30ish and then take your first nap. You nurse again around 10:30ish and if it is bath day you take your morning bath after this feeding. Your next nap is around 11:30ish. With play and sleep in between your feedings are around 2ish, solids for dinner around 5ish and your last feeding is around 7:30p.m. and are in your crib around 8:00.  You sometimes take a short nap in your swing around dinner time. I then settle you down for bed.  I stopped the dreamfeed and just let you sleep.  You typically wake once a night to eat between 1 and 2.  

Big changes: You are now sleeping in your crib and you love it! The transition from the rock and play in our room to the crib in your own nursery was way easier than I was anticipating. ( it was quite the battle with Stella) You are sleeping more soundly and look so peaceful as I watch you on the monitor. You did sleep through the night 5 nights in a row! Then the 4 month sleep regression hit! I swear it's a real thing; and you are back to waking for one feeding in the night. You love to be swaddled and you hold onto your blankie tight with your left hand as it touches the side of your face. 
It seems that you are on strike when it comes to drinking from a bottle! You will cry scream of hunger, and stay hungry rather than drink from a bottle. We have tried a variety of bottles and have tried having other people feed you the bottle- no luck! We are hoping that it is just a phase and it will pass. 

Your favorites: Some of your favorites at the moments are:
1. to be held and still being carried in the solly wrap
2. bathtime- especially chewing and sucking on the washcloth. 
3. being naked
4. dinner time!
5. the Hot Dog song from Mickey
6. when I sing to you
 






No comments:

Post a Comment