Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Baby Boy's Nursery

Rick and I didn't start the nursery until much later this time around. Shit, with Stella the new carpet was in and furniture was up by the fourth or fifth month if I remember correctly. This time around we took our time and were in no rush. After we found out that we were expecting a boy this time I felt a bit out of my element decorating a boy nursery because all I have ever looked at was baby girl decor. I began my search online just browsing different boy nurseries and boyish children books. As I said in an earlier post, the book This Moose Belongs to Me  was a big inspiration for Ricky's nursery. After searching and searching I decided that I wanted the nursery to have a rustic woodland theme with foxes and moose primarily. I wanted to go with mismatch furniture and begin with a gray base on the walls and carpet. From there, whatever treasures I found would decide the color palate for the nursery. The colors ended up being a rustic navy blue, gray and a burnt orange. I absolutely love the color combination. The wide dresser was Rick's dresser when he was a baby which makes it that much more special. I gave it a second make over with a coat of paint and added all mismatch knobs that go along with the woodland theme. I am so happy with the end result and think it adds so much to the nursery. Another special piece that hangs on the wall is the wooden Ricky's Room sign. That was made for Rick when he was a newbie and hung in his nursery. The collage that hangs above the wide dresser is a hodge podge of things that I have collected over the past few months. Some frames I bought and painted, others I left the way they were. All of the prints along with many of the treasures around the room I found on etsy. The rolled up orange quilt behind the glider will later be used when the crib is turned into a bed. I found that quilt at Potterybarn Kids and absolutely fell in love with the shade of orange; it is actually reversible with the other side being gray...added bonus! As for the glider, we just moved it from Stella's room to the new nursery. The room is not entirely complete. I still have a few odds and ends that need to find homes around the nursery as well as the end table that Rick is working on to go alongside the glider. I didn't want to just purchase an end table, and wanted something a bit more homemade. :)

So for now...here is a sneak peak...













And of course the nursery will not be complete until there is a new, ittybitty bundle wrapped up tightly, ready to be loved, and kissed laying in that crib!

No comments:

Post a Comment