Friday, March 20, 2015

4 Dozen Cookies Later...

While Stella was napping yesterday, I whipped up a batch of cut out sugar cookie dough so it could chill in the fridge until after dinner. Of course I found a new cookie dough and icing recipe on pinterest to try. Not until I got to adding the dry ingredients- 51/2 cups of flour did I realize how many cookies this recipe made! 4 effing dozen cookies!!! What the hell are we going to do with almost 50 bunny and carrot shaped cookies? :) After dinner I cleared off the kitchen table and Rick, Stella and I rolled out some cookie dough and cut out bunnies and carrots- perfect Easter shapes :) I know we did this a few months ago for Christmas but Stella had blast this time. She was rolling out the dough, pushing down on the cookie cutters and handing the cut out cookies to Rick to put on the cookie sheet. Needless to say we had a pretty damn good assembly line going.



Kitchen messes are meant to be made.

The kitchen was covered in flour table to floor. And so was Stella :) These kinds of messes are the best. I was whooped after cleaning the kitchen last night, but totally worth the memories that we just created at that very table. But for our cookies....I am not going to say they are the prettiest, but they are damn good. In this house, it is not all about presentation but about how it tastes going down! get in my belly.  I am thinking we should wrap some up and deliver some to our neighbors. ;)


On another note my little baker is infamous lately for putting things in places where they don't belong! Let's see I caught her putting a bottle of Rick's cologne in the toilet, her small toy pieces in the central vac system in the house, and I can't forget about the dried clementine wedges that I found in my vase yesterday. I feel like I have a funny story for Rick each day about this little lady. i love it. i am so thankful and feel so blessed for all of these stories, memories, and experiences that i am living through. 

Okay and this video...I really have no words. She is just so silly at times :)

TGIF! can't forget to mention it's the first day of Spring and we are sitting inside waiting for the expected snow to fall...wtf?!

No comments:

Post a Comment