Monday, December 29, 2014

We're Back!

It was so nice putting the computer away for a few days or so and focusing on enjoying every moment during the holiday. But, we're back. :)

It really is the most wonderful time of the year! All the build up and it is over so fast. Even though I am going to miss Christmas time, I was ready to de-pine needle the home :) And since we decided to put the tree in the playroom this year, I especially wanted it gone because all of Stella's toys were creeping back into the living room. Therefore, the tree is gone, and you know how it goes...we will keep finding random pine needles for awhile. Those suckers get everywhere!

Christmas morning was just as magical as I hoped it would be. First off Stella slept until 7:20. Rick and I both went up to get her and videotaped her coming downstairs to find all of her presents under the tree. Her first glance was followed by a long point at the presents while saying "Ah!"  After opening each present she wanted to play with it before going onto the next. It made for a nice slow paced morning.







The rest of the day was perfect. We stayed in our pjs's all day and just played. In between taking a bath and putting on clean pj's I put Stella on the potty and we had our first pee on the potty! it was the best christmas present I could of asked for :) We had family over for brunch and we had family over for dinner. a perfect Christmas day.  Stella opened presents from morning to night. ;) The playroom is full of new fresh toys for Momma Stella to play with. 



The best mess is the mess left from Christmas day. so true.



Over the weekend, I reorganized the playroom and put away some toys that Stella has outgrown. We also purchased a cubbie organizer with a few baskets to help organize all of her toys.

So New Years Day is just around the corner and I began to get my wheels turning about my new years resolution. I know I had to think of something practical that I could complete with the time that I have without a toddler attached to my hip :) So I have decided to focus on organization; and I am going to start with the kitchen. I am going to reorganize one, yes one, cabinet a week! I know there is crap in some of those cabinets that either I have forgotten that I even have or never use and is just clogging up space. I also want to reorganize the coat closet shelf, and Rick and I's closet. 

Cheers to a Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment