Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Time for the First Holiday Checklist

I have been more than absent from the blog this past week. Stella is on the mend, thank goodness and we have been pretty much laying low. Our weekend was low key- which was needed. On Monday Stella's cousins came over for a play date and a sleep over! It is so fun to sit back and watch littles play together and watch how they interact. I think it is so important for Stella to have time like that around other kiddies her age. The way they sometimes look at each other with such curiosity is so priceless. wow. another person my size!





I have also been busy searching for Stella's Thanksgiving dress/tights/shoes, getting ideas for family pictures, and trying to find the perfect holiday card for us this year. While doing all of this, I am trying not to forget that it is the holiday season! I actually sat down last night and began my list for Stella's Christmas presents! holy shit- it's Christmas shopping time! How do I break it to the hubby that little miss needs a bigger play room ;) 

Things on my present checklist are:
make or purchase an advent calendar
find a Thanksgiving side for Turkey day
find Stella an outfit for Turkey day
get family photos done
begin creating a holiday card
begin Christmas shopping- online of course- i truly believe there is no better way 
have some fun with food for the Thanksgiving day holiday- maybe some turkey shaped pancakes?!
begin a list of ideas for our elf on the shelf! super excited for this one!

I am kind of happy that the temps are chilly. I mean it is November and all! Winter coats, hats and headbands have made an appearance. 



Sometimes we just have to improvise right?! On our fall bucketlist is roasting s'mores. We have yet to get a fire pit so I had to be creative here! So....we made a s'mores chocolate chip cookies! And they are yummy and are filling the void of warm gooey s/mores. We used this recipe. I will definitely be making these again but adding more grahams!





Happy Hump Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment