Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tacos

I am totally writing a post about tacos; all because of Stella. Stella talks about tacos all the time...all.the.time. I ask her every morning what she wants for breakfast sometimes I run down her choices for the morning depending on what we have and I swear tacos is not on the list, and her first answer is usually tacos. When I tell her that we don't have tacos, she then asks for 'bagetti' which is another one of her favs which we don't have for breakfast either. All said and done she will settle for one of the options that I gave her but I know she wishes it was tacos. I am not sure if it's the actual taste of the taco or if she just really enjoys building her own taco. if i had to guess, I am going to go with the second of the two. Her first response following her first bite? "It's spicyyyy!" Whether I make them with chicken, ground turkey or steak...she complains they are spicy but loves them. go figure. However, after her soft taco is assembled and rolled tightly for her to bite and eat....she'd rather eat it disassembled and she will eat the fillings separate. When I ask her what she likes on her taco she will run down the toppings always starting with tomatoes...salad...and cheese! 

I usually take out whatever I am making for dinner in the morning to defrost and I will sometimes ask Stella what she would like for dinner- already knowing her answer. I find myself making tacos often. One, because they are a great quick weekday dinner especially if Rick isn't getting home until a bit later than usual. There isn't much prep work involved. Two, when Stella asks for them, I usually have almost all of the ingredients on hand already and three I can always find myself going for tacos too! 

If we are driving somewhere and I see she is close to falling asleep and I'd rather her stay awake...taco talk saves the day! We chat about what we like on our tacos- and laugh about toppings that would be gross on tacos! Like lollipops or pickles! 




Who ever would of thought that I would be writing a post all about tacos? not me. 
Long story short- my girl loves tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment