Wednesday, March 16, 2016

What's Up this Wednesday

We have definitely been busy doing some new things around the home. After four years it was time to freshen things up and go for a new feel :) And I am so glad we did. So what's been up with us since I haven't posted much lately? Well...
 One:
The kitchen is pretty much done. I have one large wall that I am still debating on what I want to hang on it. I want to be sure before I just hang anything. We went from a pumpkin spice orange to a nice, light and refreshing gray color with lots of white! I couldn't be happier. Rick and I have talked about doing a back splash for a long time and we decided on a white subway tile! He rocked out with his tiling skills this past weekend. I organized my cabinets and cleared a lot off my counter tops :) Since we went very light with the kitchen, we decided on a dark accent color for the island part of the counters. 



The kitchen isn't the only room that we checked off. We also freshened up our bedroom and master bath. yes, we have been busy :) Once again we went from all dark colors to light grays. New paint, new bedding, new drapes...totally new feel. It was one of those things that once it was all done you had to keep peeking in it because you loved it so much...


Two:
I honestly don't think we have been out of the house without at least a tutu on in over a week. I say at least because sometimes it is much more than just a tutu. Getting out of the house now is a bit more challenging because Ricky is in the convertible car seat. So we don't have that luxury of strapping him in and carrying him out in it. Once he is dressed and ready to go- he is in my arms until we get into the truck. So I don't have time to snap a picture of Stella's outfit of the day every time. However, here are a couple of Stella's choices of outfits...my little fashionista.




Three:
We now have a hammock. I have wanted one of these for a long time! This bad boy can hold up to 400 lbs, which means it can hold all four of us! Perfect for a weekend morning of relaxation for the family. :) Stella and Ricky love it and we have been on it plenty of times already. Stella calls it a "makket" because she can't yet remember hammock. I also hope that Rick and I can enjoy a cocktail in it once it gets warmer out during the evenings after the kids go to sleep for the night. date nights at home...that's where it's at.




hammock plus blanket plus babies.... <3

Four:
Snacks.... We have made little treats here and there. Of course we had to make our St. Patty's Day lucky charm marshmallow treats. The few that we have left we will be making lucky charm ice cream sandwiches with! Marshmallow treat and ice cream....hello!! We also whipped up a batch of our classic cupcakes with Easter sprinkles. Stella loves to do the sprinkles :)



Five:
Oh these sweet heavenly baby rolls.....
We think it's so funny because Ricky always sits with his feet crossed. Always. Even in the bathtub. 




That is what's up on this Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment