Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Easter Shenanigans


The Easter bunny has definitely been the topic of conversation these days; even though our visit to the Easter bunny was an epic fail. Stella was a sobbing mess as soon as I began to unbuckle her stroller belt and Ricky was as stone faced as they come. I dressed him with no intentions of his socks showing. However, every few seconds while he was on the bunny's lap he would slip down. Each time he would slip the bunny would hike him back up. Well every time he would slide him back up, his pants got shorter and shorter. By the time they took the picture, his pants were so jacked up, they looked 10 times too small for him. mommy probs. I feel like every holiday picture comes with a story :) I think we may just skip the fridge and slide this one into their baby books for now. And, is it just me or does Ricky look twice the size of Stella in this picture??


We are always into festive goodies around here. I have always been a popcorn lover. I think it is by far one of the best late night snacks. when i was pregnant with Ricky, popcorn was my late night craving. I cant even tell you how many single serving bags I must have went through :)
Popping that bag in the microwave doesn't get any easier; but popping it on the stove top is where it's at! Especially with a sprinkle of sea salt! I decided to give a new popcorn recipe a go. I have never made homemade caramel before. I guess buying it in a jar is by far easier, but I decided to give it a go. Easter Salted Caramel Popcorn...you had me at popcorn and caramel. 


I remembered back to Stella's first Easter basket and found these two treasures that I put into it. Her bunny ears and cotton tail. I had to have a little fun. Are these not the cutest little bunnies you've ever seen?



And...the Easter basket makings have begun! It was so much fun this year filling two baskets with goodies. Stella is at an age where these kinds of holidays are simply the best! We are filling her basket with a variety of things...those fringe sandals that I am in love with and wish they made in adult size, the Miss Mary Mack book because her and I are ALWAYS doing the Mary Mack hand game, new flamingo jammies, dot art, and because she is on the frozen obsession- the Elsa dress, the sing along sound track and a large Frozen coloring pad. The Easter bunny is also bringing her new things for the outdoors that will not fit into her bucket like a tee ball set, a ladybug kickball, and a gardening tool set. We kept Ricky's basket pretty simple this year...new jammies, a vibrating teether, gerber goodies like puffs and doodles, a new Easter book for his book shelf, and a new momma sippy cup in orange. Even though he is still too little, we also got him an outdoor frog kickball :)


5 more days until the Easter bunny comes and we have lots more Easter shenanigans planned for the rest of the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment