Thursday, September 24, 2015

Happy Two Years Old Baby Girl!

Dear Stella,
 (I can guarantee I'll shed a few tears while writing this letter to you...)
I truly cannot believe that you were born two whole years ago already. Where did the past two years go...some days it feels like you were just born. You have changed so so much in two years. Your personality has blossomed into something extraordinary.  You are sweet, loving, hysterical, beautiful on the inside and out, caring, and I can't leave out sassy at times. Not quite sure where the sass comes from hehe ;) You have moments where you are independent and moments where you still want to be held and cuddled. the cuddles never have to stop, keep em' coming Stella. 

I admire your curiosity so much. Boy does it shine through on our towpath walks, and your food at the dinner table; things at the moment are like a science project. You enjoy picking apart, or peeling back the layers of anything and everything. Your sense of wonder makes me so happy and watching you play I can already see what an imagination you have, and baby girl it is just going to get better. 
Stella, you are one smart cookie. The conversations that you have with Daddy and I just make me so proud. Your vocabulary and speech just blow us away every time something comes out of your mouth. You know your numbers up to twenty, your ABC's, your colors, your fruits and veggies, too many songs to list which you sing all the time. You love to sing songs, whether it is with Daddy and I, to one of your 'guys' or to yourself while you are laying in your bed. When I sing a song to you for the first time, your eyes focus right in on my mouth and you study with such concentration as you try your best to mimic what I am singing. It doesn't take you long at all to learn the words to a new song.

One of the best things ever is walking upstairs to your room in the morning, opening your door to see you smile at me. When you step down out of your bed you wrap your arms around me tightly, and right in my ear you say "Good Morning Mommy" I can't tell you how perfect it is....it makes being a Mommy that much better. Stella darling you make being a Mommy the best thing ever! When you tell me you love me all on your own....well that just makes. my. heart. melt. 

The way that you have embraced Ricky and how you show him your love each and every day makes Daddy and I so proud. Your love for him (at the moment, until he starts stealing your toys and girlfriends!) is so so vivid. When he cries you run to him, when he is on his play mat you are right along side of him, when we are out in public you love pulling back the cover that is draped over his car seat to share your brother and tell everyone that his name is Ricky. You rock as a big sister! 

Daddy and I can ALWAYS count on you for a laugh. This age that you are at right now is so much fun! I can probably write a book full of funny toddler tales and those toddler tales just make my days- sometimes!! Just the other day we were at the store gathering a few odds and ends for your little birthday party. I usually hand you the items and you throw them in the back of the cart because you love to help in anyway. Well I gave you the antibacterial hand soap to throw in the cart, and then began searching for the toothpaste that we use. By the time I found our toothpaste and handed it to you, you had the soap pump popped open and were applying a liberal amount to your hair saying "look Mommy oil for hair!" 

One of your favorite things at the moment are our dance parties in the kitchen. There is no better way to get our days started than with a Mommy and Stella dance party! 

Stella...may you always let your confidence shine, always love and believe in yourself and you will soar. You can achieve anything you put your mind and heart into. 

What if I fall?
Oh, but my darling,
what if you fly?
-e.h

As sad as I am to see these two years come to an end, I am excited to see what the next two years hold for us. I am so proud to call you my daughter and these past two years have been simply amazing because of you.  Stella, you have rocked our world like no other <3

We love you to the moon and back,
Mommy, Daddy and Ricky too ;)
xoxo

P.S: Mommy and Daddy stayed up way too late blowing up balloons and hanging more streamers than ever before just to make your birthday morning oh so special!!

Happiest 2nd birthday Stella!!









and a little video just because...


No comments:

Post a Comment