Sunday, September 14, 2014

Puffer vests, pumpkin waffles and finger painting..oh my!

I have been absent from the blogging world lately. I guess a lot going on. Been crossing more off my to do list for Stella's shindig, our home computer took a shit (add it to the list) and I am not a fan of blogging on my iPad and the pictures are crazy blurry, blah, blah, blah. Stella has been keeping her and myself busy lately. She is ev.er.y.wh.ere, pulling herself up on everything. I honestly feel like it happened overnight. Anyway, Fall is in full force over here. Puffer vests are out, pumpkin recipes are on a roll, leaves are falling, Halloween pjs are washed and ready to be worn, and apple picking is in the immediate future (like today!!)
   
                                   

                                   

                                   

A perfect Sunday morning breakfast...pumpkin waffles. We used this recipe. 
                                   

Ingredients

  • 2 cups of all-pupose flour
  • 3 tablespoons of firmly packed dark brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of milk
  • 1 cup of canned 100% pure pumpkin
  • 1 egg yolk plus 3 egg whites
  • 4 tablespoons of melted cooled butter
  • 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar

Instructions

  1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip 3 egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
  2. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
  3. Combine milk, pumpkin, butter, egg yolk and vinegar in a small bowl and stir to combine.
  4. Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
  5. Gently fold in egg whites.
  6. Use batter immediately in waffle maker
 
Come October 1st, Halloween outfits will be worn along with Halloween hair accessories. Halloween decor will make its way around the house, and Halloween treats will be made. 
This was the second year that Carters did not disappoint with their Halloween outfits. I have also been loving etsy for Stella's Halloween hair pieces. I will soon get the wheels turning- thinking about Halloween costumes. I am so excited that we can actually go trick or treating this year. 

Saturday morning after breakfast we let Stella fingerpaint at the kitchen table while Rick and I finished off our cup of coffee and I worked on one of my diy projects for her party. Morning messes are the best!  Not too mention early morning bath time since her hair had a nice coat of yellow paint in it by the time she was done...so did my kitchen chair :)





Speaking of bath time, it falls nothing short of comical lately....yes, Stella is in the tub. She is just blocked by lots of bulldog. :)



Off to getting ourselves ready to go apple picking! I already found me lots of new apple recipes to try, but of course the first will be a homemade apple pie (topped with vanilla ice cream!)



No comments:

Post a Comment