Saturday, January 11, 2014

Napping Like a Rockstar


Now I know you are probably thinking 'she should not have that blanket in the crib' but when I say that I don't take my eye off of the monitor, I really don't take my eye off the monitor. This is a whole new ball game for her and I. Not only do I constantly watch the monitor, I am always checking on her. It's crazy how attached you get to always having her sleep by your side. Stella has been sleeping in the fisher price rock and play since she has been home from the hospital. As you may not know the  rock and play has the baby sleep at an incline. So when I would try to put her down for a nap in her crib, she would awake immediately. I was convinced it was because she was so used to sleeping at an incline. Time to improvise! Using the overwhelming amount of receiving blankets we have accumulated, I rolled them up to make a slight incline under her crib sheet. She is sleeping in her crib, but has the cozy feel of the rock and play which she is used to! As the days go by, I will take one blanket out at a time until she is sleeping flat in her crib! Brilliant...right?? Well, Stella thinks so because this big girl is taking two long naps in her crib daily! When I say long, I mean like 2 1/2 to 3 hours long! Can I say proud mama over here?? She goes down for her first nap at 9 in the morning and the second nap around 2:30-3:00ish. A well rested baby makes for a happy baby! As you can guess our next goal is to wean her off sleeping with her blanket. She loves her 'wooby'!!! The blanket puts her in a trans! We will be working on that next. We haven't done a full night in the crib yet, but that is in the near future. She is doing so great in her crib, I am hoping we have an easy transition for her night sleep as well. To be honest, I think I will have a harder time with the move than her. Having her right next to me through the night not only makes it easier for me to nurse her (I don't even have to get out of bed!) but it gives me a feeling of ease. 

Did I say how proud I am of her with her Rockstar sleeping habits in her crib?  Go Stella! 

Next post will be all about mini style....love baby fashion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment