Monday, June 13, 2016

Eight Things

One. Toasted coconut peach bars.
These bars are a delicious summer treat. It's one of those desserts that you need friends for. The next day I need to pack up at least half of them and give them away. Because.. if they sit in the house, IIIII am going to eat them. :) The night that I made them we had them for dessert with vanilla ice cream on top! So yummy! They are definitely a multi step dessert but worth the time and effort. The original recipe was made with mango but after looking in three different stores for canned mango and having no luck I decided to go with peaches. And the toasted coconut is amaze-balls on everything! I toasted the entire bag of coconut and I am so glad that I did. After using about a cup to top the bars I jarred the rest and have been enjoying it on so many things; especially my black raspberry ice cream, apples and peanut butter with toasted coconut-yummy, and oatmeal! 

Two. Fruit.



The kids loove fruit! It is there jam! We have been doing so many things with all of our fruit. I think one of Stella and I's favorites are a nice green salad loaded with fruit on the side of dinner. Stella loves to make the salad...I cut up the fruit and she builds the salad from the greens to the fruit to the cheese. We have been freezing lots of grapes, throwing lots of blueberries in our pancakes and topping our oatmeal and yogurt with loads of berries :)

Three. This shit really works!

This is one of those As Seen on TV things. Stella spotted it in the store while we were food shopping and asked if we could get it...because she wanted to fill them and throw them at Daddy to get him all wet ;) We brought them home and gave them a whirl. Totally worth it! Every single penny. We are talking filling up 40 water balloons in seconds and not having to tie a single knot! During our first go...Ricky would belly laugh out loud every time a a water popped. the best added bonus.


Four. Giving the chickens treats.
Basically what it boils down to when the chickens finally begin laying eggs (we are hoping for August) that we are pretty much going to be eating whatever they are eating! So Stella and I decided to give the chickens a little healthy treat. They haven't eaten anything besides their chicken feed yet so we were curious as to how they were going to react. I took an aluminum pan and put a hodgepodge of foods hoping they would eat out of the pan. I scoured around to see what kind of left overs we had- we mixed up some plain cheerios because we always have a crazy amount of these in the house, left over peas, left over salmon from the kids lunch, and whole grain pancake from breakfast. They hated the aluminum pan but loved the food, which was fine because Stella enjoyed feeding them one piece at a time and the chickens love the company. As soon as they see someone walking over to the coop, they all run to the door and wait. 






Five. Park play.



Six. Just crawl already! 
Ricky wants to crawl sooo bad but just can't get the forward motion down! He is up on all fours all the time just rocking. You can tell he is anxious to master this skill because he will wake up out of a dead sleep, get on his hands and knees in his crib and begin rocking back and forth! When Rick and Stella are playing just a short reach away, you can see in his eyes that he just wants to get in on the action...if only he could get over to them! He is pulling himself up with little assistance and is able to go back and forth from sitting position to being on his hands and knees. Not that I am rushing it because I am NOT, but I hate seeing him so frustrated...just CRAWL already! We are rootin' for ya buddy!

Seven. Good bye first trimester, hello Second!
Not sure if the nightly lethargic feeling is from the first trimester or just running around with two little ones all day long. But, dayum am I tired!! I am ready to start getting some of my energy back that usually comes around in the second trimester! And morning sickness- I am so over you! ;) 

Eight. Along for the Ride.

This kills me. One day he will catch on ;)

What a hodgepodge of random thoughts, right?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment