Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Time is a Beast


I feel like motherhood happens so fast. I wanted to be a mom my whole life and here is it is. It is happening now; right now. time is a beast. I have been a mom for almost three years now and it has flown by. way. too. fast.  I look at Stella and I feel like I just woke up one morning and my first tiny baby went from being an infant, to a toddler to now a little lady that I adore so much. I look back and am amazed at all the changes she has gone through in these past years and where she is and who is she today. As much as I would kill to have my first tiny baby back cuddled up on my chest sound asleep, it is so fascinating to watch her grow each and every day into the little lady that she is becoming. Her little heart loves so damn much. I am not sure how it is possible some days. But when a two and a half year old looks at me out of nowhere and says "I love you Mommy," my heart just wants to explode in those moments. She must throw out a thousand compliments a day..."Mommy I love your shoes, Mommy your hair looks so pretty..." Seriously??  When she isn't throwing out compliments or trying so hard to make Ricky laugh, she is probably in the kitchen shaking her hips, waving her finger to Meghan Trainor's No No No! Rick and I are in trouble- big time. She loves to cook and bake in her and our kitchen, dress herself, pull Daddy's truck in the garage, pick flowers and put them in her wagon, dig in the dirt, a shower Ricky with kisses most of the time :)




Motherhood has taught me so many things; Stella and Ricky have taught me so many things. Motherhood is now. The time is now. And it is whizzing by like the speed of light. As many times as I find myself on my hands and knees picking up cheerios off the floor which is all day, everyday, or using the bathroom with a little audience to entertain, these are the best times and I wouldn't change them for the world.

getting told by my two and a half year old that I am a wild child...These really are the days. Being a mommy is exhausting, and some days you just need a 10 minute recharge, and I will proudly say it is an effing hard job but damn is it rewarding! To look at Stella and see a product of what we are raising and teaching is for a lack of better word- incredible. How the hell is my first baby going to be three in just four months? Time is a beast!






No comments:

Post a Comment