Monday, April 11, 2016

Spring Bucket List

The other morning was just a regular morning as we usually do around here. Kids play as I prepare breakfast.  I began making Ricky's breakfast and by this time, Let It Go was already on repeat, on volume ten as Stella belted out the tunes arms spread eagle in her Elsa dress putting on a show. as we normally do, we put her dress right over top of her feetie jammies since we were still all in our jams.I put two eggs on the stove to begin cooking for myself, put Ricky in his height chair as I poured his fresh pureed pears in a bowl for him. I wheeled him over to the table and placed his bowl of pears on the kitchen table. And this is where shit went haywire! All in a matter of seconds- my eggs started smoking and burned, Ricky somehow reached the whole bowl of warm pears and poured them all down his lap and were slowly dripping onto the new kitchen area rug, and Stella came running in crying that she had to poop! meanwhile, she had her Elsa dress on over her feeties, so it wasn't an unzip-and-go kind of thing. After these kind of moments are over I do look back and laugh. But in the heat of it...not so much! All of this got me thinking I can't wait to wheel the height chair outside on warm sunny mornings and have breakfast out on the deck with my two lovies while some Zac Brown Band plays.  Clean up is soo much easier. Why the hell are we still wearing pants, sweatshirts and coats and putting hats on babies to run errands? 
While dreaming of warmer temps I thought I would put together a little Spring bucket list for us:
1. A total obvious one: morning walks on the towpath and some evening after dinner family walks on the towpath with or without ice cream cones :)
2. picnic along the river
3. too many trips to different parks
4. would love take the kids to a zoo
5. Friday trips to the farmers market for fresh fruit
6. nature scavenger hunts
7. fly a kite
8. outdoor tea parties 
9. pick fresh berries
10. evening trips to Jimmy's for soft serve
11. plant flowers
12.  help Daddy build the chicken coop an get the chicks acclimated with their coop
13. mommy and daddy cocktails on the deck after the kiddies are asleep for the night
14. lots of hanging in the hammock
15. feed the ducks at the pond

a throwback to breakfast on the deck with Stella...



Spring...where the hell are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment