Sunday, July 31, 2016

Life Lately


Of course there days and moments throughout each day that Stella just wants to play independently and not want Ricky to touch her things but she has so much love for our little guy. She is such the mommy to him and it just makes me melt. To spy on them from the other room, while watching them play so nicely together-okay, by that I really mean Stella dressing Ricky up in Mickey and Minnie ears :)- just makes me feel so happy. She gets so much joy out of feeding him, washing him in the bathtub, shushing him and patting his back if he is upset, and being the first to greet him crib side after his naps in and the morning.  Her and I even set out one weekend afternoon to grab a coffee and hot chocolate while Rick was power washing and Ricky napped. She asked if we could bring the monitor to watch him sleep while we went on our coffee date. I hope they grow up besties.




Life lately...let's see...
one.

We have EGGS!!! We have officially began getting eggs from our chicks. Rick and the kiddies ate them for breakfast this morning and we even had a double yolk! i would have indulged but have been on a steel cut oats with blueberries and cranberries kick for breaky... :) We were waiting pretty patiently impatiently...but we are finally beginning to fill up our million saved egg cartons! Lay baby lay!


two.
I am going to blame it totally on preggo hormones, but I have shed plenty of tears while party planning for Ricky's first birthday. This has been the fastest year yet. I seriously cannot believe my little miracle baby is turning one. It honestly feels like yesterday that I was nursing him bedside in the middle of the night. He is now pulling himself up on EVERYTHING and walking along furniture, feeding himself, waving bye bye, givings hugs...I mean he is changing so fast right before my eyes. When I first began searching for boyish birthday party themes without any sort of character I would always find myself back in the girl themes pinning ideas for Stella's. Boy party ideas just seemed blah to me. But once a party theme jumped out to me- construction: pretty fitting  if you ask me since Rick works in construction?!- I got into it- big time! It has been so much fun collecting ideas and planning food and snacks all around the theme! And the smash cake?! He's got that in the bag!



May these last three days before my baby becomes a toddler go by ever so slowly. 

three.
We are more than halfway to meeting our next little boy. I still cannot believe we are having another boy! Ricky and the new little guy will be 16 months apart...I think it's so cool that they will grow up so close in age. bros fo-eva! Stella is starting to talk about the new baby all the time. She says he is getting big in my belly and that we should name him 'baby soda' or 'baby presents'?! "Sorry girlie but no way!" She tells me that we need to buy him blankies, and a new crib and she wants him to sit right next to her in the truck. :) Oh, her sweetness overload is too much sometimes. 

new baby's first little treasures.


four.
Stella is officially signed up for dance school beginning in September. She seems so excited about it; which is fitting because she gets her groove on all day long up in here'. We went to check out the school and walked through the entire place looking in all the dance rooms. That evening she told Rick all about it, how she is going to listen to the teacher, hold the bar, and told him that she needs to buy pink tights, pink ballet shoes, and a new tutu. "I guna be so essited!"  I really hope she loves it! 













No comments:

Post a Comment