Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Long Awaited Pumpkin Post!!

I just opened this post to blog about pumpkin of course when I looked over in the playroom to find some little one year old grinning with a very orange grin! I have not the slightest clue where he found an orange piece of chalk but if I had to guess the tongue sticking along with the yucky face looks as if it didn't tastse so good. duhh little man- Mommy could have told you that ;) Why do littles have such the urge to eat ev.ery.thing????

I honestly can't say that I wait all Summer for Fall to indulge in the pumpkin spice flavor of just about everything! When I get that pumpkin kind of feeling I make it ;) Thank goodness for that canned pumpkin goodness! I know that I am posting this cookie recipe in September and it is now acceptable but Stella and I totally made this during the mid heat streak in August!! These are by far one of my FAVORITE pumpkin recipes. They are the softest, pillowiest-i don't think that is even a word- pumpkin cookie...i'm drooling over here just thinking about them. And an added bonus- only one bowl needed! There is no mixing the dry ingredients separate from the wet ingredients. I seriously have soo many pumpkin cookie recipes to try on my Pumpkin Everything board on Pinterest but when I go to make the new recipe I always feel they won't be as good as this recipe and end up making this trustworthy cookie!



Preheat to 350.

Cream 1/2 cup of butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
Add 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 cup pureed pumpkin-NOT pie filling. Combine until smooth.
Add 2 1/2 cups of flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Mix well.
Add in an 8 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips- I always do the mini chips :)
Drop by rounded Tbsps onto lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake for about 15 minutes. Just until lightly browned.
Let cool slightly!
STUFF YO FACE!








A few of our other pumpkin MUST TRY recipes for this Fall:







Pretty ambitious, I know! But Lord knows we have all of the eggs to make all of this baking with!!! We have eggs coming out of our ears!! 

We also tried the Pumpkin Spice flavored Cheerios....total WIN! 

Cheers to the official Pumpkin Season!


No comments:

Post a Comment